I primarily focus on getting the photo correct at the time that I press the shutter release on the camera in order to limit having to make adjustments in photoshop. My goal is to take the right portrait photos using the camera to enhance natural looks instead of redefining a person in photoshop. But to answer the question more directly, Yes, I can and will make adjustments to photos to make them more pleasing or professional looking or add artistic flare. Adjustments like enhancing eye detail or removing blemishes are part of standard photography these days.
I can provide prints or albums if requested but I do not offer this service directly. I provide you with the high resolution images along with full rights to these images to print or reproduce as you wish. There are plenty of great places on the internet that do provide these services and I would be more than happy to suggest some of these to you. Just please stay away from automated photo printing places like Walgreens or Walmart!
– First things first… Dress comfortably.
– Choose solid colors and avoid distracting patterns, prints, and printed T’s with logos.
– You want the photos to emphasize YOU not your clothing.
– Choose muted or subdued tones.
– Choose similar tones for tops and bottoms (both dark or both light)
– Choose one to three colors for group portraits. Similar tones work well. Work within a color palette.
– Choose a top with sleeves at least to the elbow.
– Choose long pants or skirts below the knee.
– Choose dark socks and footwear.
– Darker clothing has a slimming effect. Choose shades of black, brown, blue, dark green, etc.
– Keep clothing somewhat consistent (don’t mix formal and casual)
– Coordinate colors
– Use stronger colors or patterns for accessorizing (scarves, neckties, etc.)
– Dressing all subjects the same is not a good idea.
– Keep jewelry simple / minimal.
– Avoid hair cuts within 2 weeks prior to your photo session.
Yes, my work has been published in photography magazines all over the world (US, France, Russia, and The Netherlands) and has also been featured on many different photography websites in many different languages. These include Photo Technique Magazine, Popular Science Magazine, and DIY Photography
I am also very well known for my technical abilities and have invented some specific tools for use by photographers such as The Digital Light Wand and the Precision High Speed Photography Trigger. These have been featured on well known technical websites such as Radio Shack, Hack-A-Day, and others.
I have been into photography for most of my life as a hobby and started getting much more serious with the purchase of my first digital camera in the early 1990’s. I have been a professional photographer since 2009.
I shoot 100% Digital using the highest quality Nikon Digital Cameras and Nikon Nikkor high quality Lenses.
Above are answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions asked of me. If you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me via any of the methods outlined on the contact page.
Michael Ross Photography – Plano, Texas
Michael Ross Photography is located in Plano, Texas with coverage of the North Texas, Dallas / Fort Worth, Plano / Allen / McKinney / Frisco / Parker / Richardson areas. All photography is performed on location in an outdoor or indoor setting.